Getting the entertainment right for your wedding is crucial in order to create the right atmosphere. Once the serious stuff is over, it's nice to break the ice a little and get everyone in the mood for a celebration. But where to begin?
Check out my Top 10 Tips for you when booking your Wedding Entertainment courtesy of www.bespokendreams.blogspot.com - Check out their excellent website a MUST for any Brides to be
If Music be the Food of Love, Play on...
Music played an important part in Shakespeare’s plays and is often used to carry the plot. So what music should you choose to carry your own production?! Selecting the right music can certainly set the scene, mood and atmosphere, and deciding which music should be played at your wedding is one of the most important decisions you need to make when planning your special day. It's essential that the musician, band or DJ you hire delivers the quality, style and atmosphere you desire! Hit the right notes and your wedding day will be a day to remember….
Richard Hunter of Riverside Entertainment Agency (http://www.riversideentertainments.co.uk/) shares his Top Ten Tips that’ll bring music to your ears.
1) Arrange your music once you have your date and venues confirmed. Popular musicians, bands and DJs can be booked up to a year or more ahead.
2) Think about what ambience you are trying to create at each part of the day. Your favourite rock band might not go down too well during the wedding breakfast over your guests chatter!
3) Book artists for the three important segments of the day; the arrival, breakfast and evening reception. This ensures there is no lull for your guests while you are busy with your photographer. Ask around for talented family and friends who may be willing to perform if your budget won’t stretch to this.
4)Try to hear your musicians or DJ before you book. Many bands/DJs will have a demo tape that they can send you, or a website with an audio link to sample songs. For a more authentic feel, check out their gig lists and go see them live!
5) Let your reception venue know what type of entertainment you will be having to ensure there is sufficient room for your artist to set up and perform (especially if you are hiring both a band and a DJ).
6) Find out what sort of lighting and effect (if any) will be supplied by your band and DJ in case you need to make additional arrangements for space and power supplies.
7) Let your artist/DJ know well in advance of your first dance and of any special requests you have in case they need to practice. Also let them know both the title and artist's name so they bring the right version with them. Especially if you’ve choreographed a routine to a particular track, as artists styles do differ.
8) Advise your musician and/or DJ well in advance exactly what you have in mind for your wedding and what you expect from them.
9) Get it in writing! Confirmation of booking, receipts for deposits and other factors such as duration of set, breaks and any unforeseen costs e.g. over-running.
10) Give your musicians or DJ directions and a map showing your venue. You don't want them arriving late or at the wrong place!
Riverside Entertainment Agency, (one of the North West's leading entertainment agencies) has over 10 years experience, with a portfolio of artists encompass singers, duos, bands, comedians, tribute artistes, magicians, childrens entertainers and much more. Their reputation has developed a strong and diverse client base from pubs and social clubs to corporate clients. Riverside Entertainment Agency works with artists and clients throughout UK, ensuring the right artists for your event/venue.
Tel 0151 427 7185
They offer personalised entertainment packages to suit your needs, but their main aim is to provide 1st class entertainment at any party or event where they perform and create a great live music atmosphere.They believe their pricing structure offers great value for money, when adding up the cost of solo performers, bands and DJs etc. Plus there is the added confidence of only having to liaise with one company, a company that is totally dedicated to making your big day as special and as memorable as can be.